Sunday, July 5, 2009

Words on a Portrait - "Lauren"

Happy day after the fourth of July! We have a nice short post from "Lauren". It is one of my favorite portraits. The color, the light, the cool, refreshing looking beverage on a seemingly hot day. Lauren was kind enough to say a few words about the original photo and here they are:

"This is a rare picture of me taken with my camera. Normally, I'm the one behind the lens and this instance is an exception to that rule. I was in Guatemala for the wedding of two dear friends and the ceremony had just ended. I am drinking a delicious mojito and I would proceed to drink a few more after this one. The weather was perfect, the wedding was beautiful and the night was a late one. I won't forget it.

The portrait that Matt painted from this photograph is lovely. I feel happy to have contributed to this amazing project."

No comments:

Post a Comment